One of the hardest parts of pursuing your dreams is going against the grain of what’s generally accepted — and that sometimes includes your loved ones.
In this episode, I share some tough experiences I had during my own journey. Even though I’m very close to my family, it was difficult at times to get their encouragement and support — especially when I set out to write my first book.
The good thing is that my story ended well, but that didn’t make the process any easier when I went through it. My hope is that this episode will encourage you to pursue your dreams and the process I share here will help you move forward.
- Share your dreams with your loved ones and listen to what they have to say. Then decide if you agree with them or not. Just because they say you can’t do it, that does not mean you can’t.
- Remember that your loved ones don’t always want the best for you. In order to be the best we can be, we have to take a risk. But the job of the parents is to protect their children. If they see the path you are pursuing has a high chance of failure, they will discourage you from taking the risk to prevent you from getting hurt.
- Find someone who will support you. No one can achieve dreams alone. Go find your tribe.
- Just take the next action towards your dream.
- When you have dream, a strong desire to do or create something, it is because there are other people who will benefit when your dream becomes a reality. Therefore, it is not all about you. You have to overcome your fear and go after your dreams for those people who you will help and impact from what you create.
Download Your Free Gift, The 3 Steps to True Career Fulfillment Here
There comes a time in your career when you question your professional happiness and fulfillment. This can be a defining moment if you put your passion, aspirations, and needs into action.
With the right formula and a little momentum, you can be happy and fulfilled personally and professionally. If you’re looking for clarity and next steps, check out this free guide, The 3 Steps to Finding True Career Fulfillment.
I use a 3-part framework to help you cut through the noise and step into doing work you love and believe in. Get your free copy here.
Did You Enjoy This Episode? Click Below To Subscribe:
“How did you find what you wanted to do with your life? How did you have the courage to pursue your dream?” These are questions I explore with people from all different walks of life. Their journeys reveal stories about dreams, courage, inspiration, and creativity. Subscribe below!